The nomination committee whose terms of reference covers matters recommended by the Corporate Governance Standard, comprises Mr. Chen Shien Yee and is chaired by the company's chairman, Mr. Norman Lott.
The nomination committee will consider the selection and re-appointment of Directors. It will identify and nominate candidates to fill Board vacancies and review regularly the structure, size and composition (including the skills, knowledge and experience) of the Board and make recommendations to the Board with regard to any changes.
Duties and Responsbilities
- identifying and nominating for the approval of the Board, candidates to fill board vacancies as and when they arise
- before making an appointment, evaluating the balance of skills, knowledge and experience on the Board and, in the light of evaluation, prepare a description of the role and capabilities required for a particular appointment;
- reviewing annually the time required from a non-executive director and assess whether the non-executive director is spending enough time to fulfil his/her duties;
- considering candidates from a wide range of background;
- giving full consideration to succession planning in the course of its work, taking into account the challenges and ooportunities facing the Company and the skills and expertise therefore needed on the Board, reporting to teh Board regularly;
- regularly reviewing the structure, size and composition (including the skills, knowledge and experience) of the Board and make recommendations to the Board with regard to any changes;
- keeping under review the leadership needs of the organization, both executive and non-executive, with a view to ensuring the continued ability of the organization to compete effectively in the marketplace;
- making a statement in the annual report about its activities; the process used for appointments and explain if external advice or open advertising has not been used; the membership of the committee, number of committee meetings and attendance over the course of the year;
- ensuring that on appointment to the Board, non-executive Directors receive a formal letter of appointment setting out clearly what is expected of them in terms of time commitment, committee service and involvement outside Board meetings;
- considering the re-appointment of any non-executive Director at the conclusion of their specified term of office or retiring in accordance with the Company's Articles of Association; and
- considering any matter relating to the continuation in office of any Director at any time